Apologies for what may seem like a constant stream of emails but we want to keep you informed about the changes as a result of restrictions.
Yesterday the Minister for Education and Training, the Hon Sue Ellery and the Minister for Child Protection and Community Services, the Hon Simone McGurk announced the new high caseload protocols specifically for school and childcare settings to take place from today, 8 February.
These protocols affect the way schools operate on various levels.
Please note the following:
- Unfortunately, we are not able to open the Uniform Shop this afternoon. Online orders will be filled and distributed. For now, all orders need to be placed online and Jenny and Jodi are happy to deliver on 2 days to assist with orders placed.
- Before and after school events are postponed for now, including soccer and tennis this week.
Parents on School Sites
- Parents/caregivers will be permitted on school sites for drop-off and pick-up in outdoor locations only; consequently, parents should not be visiting classrooms;
- Parents and caregivers should only attend the school office in the event of a significant pastoral or welfare issue related to their child; wherever possible interactions by staff with parents should take place over the phone or via email/online;
- Gatherings of parents/caregivers/groups on school sites to be avoided;
- Parent-teacher interviews will now occur online or over the phone;
Pick-up and Drop-off
- Students from Pre Primary to Year 6 can be dropped off and picked up in the drive thru area.
- Student supervision is from 8.15 am .
- Please assist staff by ensuring that children are at school for when doors open at 8.30am.
- Pre Primary parents may assist children to enter and alight from vehicles if they cannot do this independently yet. Please be mindful of doing this in a timely manner so that vehicle traffic can move smoothly. Year 1 on should be able to do this independently.
- Parents of older students are encouraged to delay pick up time until at least 3.10pm if possible to alleviate congestion.
- The St Paul’s Way requires vehicles to go around the block if they cannot safely enter the pick up area due to other vehicles in the queue.
Thank you again for your cooperation. We understand how frustrating these changes can be for everyone.