Tween and teen girl’s friendships can be complex, intense and filled with unpredictable ups and downs. Even though we might wish they could “just get on with it”, most girls need adults to help them problem solve daily challenges.
In this webinar Michelle Mitchell and Linda Stade will address the most common of all girl challenges – relational aggression, and how it surfaces in the playground. They will discuss frenemies, exclusion, gossip, the silent treatment, belittling and conditional friendship. Together they hope to help you dial down the drama and replace it with a framework of empowerment.
This webinar will cover the following:
- How to identify relational aggression – what it looks and feels like for our tween and teen girls, and the way it surfaces in the playground.
- How to bring down the emotion and encourage girls to solve friendship problems by offering a framework of empowerment.
- How to navigate the ups and downs of friendships with your daughter, without taking over.
- How to approach schools with troublesome friendship issues.
- How to help girls navigate cliques and the pecking order.
- How to support girls as they transition between friendships or friendship groups.
- How to model and explain the role of forgiveness and empathy in relationships.
- How to help girls deliberately dial down the drama and reduce conflict in relationships.
WHEN IS IT?
When: Monday 31st May
Time: 7.30 – 8.30pm AEST (That is 5.30pm (AWST)
Can’t make it? Not to worry. We get that family life is super busy. If you can’t join us live, not to worry – you will be sent the replay, and can watch it anytime.
WHO IS THIS WEBINAR FOR?
This one-hour presentation will be directed to parents of girls 8 – 16 years old.
Good news: You are welcome to watch it with your tween or teen. We believe it will be super helpful for them too!
HOW DO I ACCESS THE WEBINAR?
Once you register, you will automatically receive an email containing a link to register for the live webinar. You will also receive a reminder email 7 days, 2 days and 2 hours before.
Remember, if you can’t join us live, you can watch the replay, anytime.
You will also have a chance to submit questions and if time permits we will also take questions live.
Go to this site to register: Helping Your Daughter Navigate Friendships webinar | Michelle Mitchell